Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drummer pattern is changing after split or copied a region.

Hi,

I want to separate some regions of a drummer track, by splitting. But when i split an existed region the pattern is changes ruining that part of the project. Even when i 'm just trying to move a region to another place it changes its pattern too. Is there a way to move any drummer region, keeping its pattern as it is?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 3:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 8:24 AM in response to nthgbtlv

A Drummer Region doesn't contin specific notes like a MIDI Region. Instead, it contains "play instructions" that you can set in the Drummer Editor. There are other parameter that affect the "play instructions", for example, the Arrangement Markers, and also the length of the Region. the drummer can play a fill at the end of a Region. If you have the Fill Parameter enabled on a 8-bar Region, then on the last bar (bar 8), the Drummer will play a fill. If youcut that Region in half, then bar 5 and bar 8 are the last bars of those Regions and it will play a fill there.

So, after the cutting, you will hear a fill at the end of bar 5 that wasn't there before.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Drummer pattern is changing after split or copied a region.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.