Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM not valid after restore

Hi,

After restoring my iPhone using iTunes, then when I insert simcard, then a message of "SIM not valid" is popping out. Plus, I have also contacted Telstra (carrier) to unlock my iPhone, but then they told me that my iPhone is already unlocked. And now I don't know what I'm supposed to do

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 4:52 PM

6 replies

Nov 28, 2015 8:41 PM in response to Lyssa

I bought it from Apple Store in Melbourne Australia. I was using vodafone when I was in Melbourne. But when I called Apple Support Service, the advisor told me that the iPhone is locked to Telstra. I had called both Vodafone and Telstra. Both of them told me that the iPhone is already unlocked. But the problem still haven't solved yet.

Nov 29, 2015 1:28 AM in response to mfarbash

Contact your carrier and request that they unlock the phone for you.

Nothing more to do unless you get the phone legitimately unlocked.

Only the carrier that the phone is locked to can unlock the phone for you and if you do a restore and then get a sim error message, then this means that the phone has been hacked to unlock it sometime in the past.

Contact the carrier and get them to unlock it.

SIM not valid after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.