Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autocorrect gone rogue in iOS 9

I Have an Air 2, and since upgrading to iOS 9 it feels like autocorrect has gone rogue. It seems to change words without giving me the little bubble showing the word it would replace it with, leading me to not always notice and have to go back to correct it. It's favorite thing to do is to change "to" to "yo" on its own...I never type "yo", where it decided that is beyond me. Its not mispelled words that's the issue, It'll change words that are spelled right and grammatically correct and change them to something stupid. I have to double proofread every thing I send! This happens on my iPad more than my iPhone but I do most my lengthy typing on my iPad. I've reset the dictionaries countless of times and have set shortcuts to see if that will fix some of the common "corrections" I run into but no avail. Anyone else have that issue? It feels like it's really only done this since I upgraded to iOS 9 (literally in typing this it changed "only done" to "inky robe" with no spelling errors to prompt the change...and that's just this sentence!) Apple...anything?? Thanks.

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, Air 2

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 7:26 PM

4 replies

Autocorrect gone rogue in iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.