Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the new NOTES in iOS 9.1 on my iPhone 6 with 9.1 with out upgrading to 10.11

iOS 9.1 iPhone 6

OS Yosemite

I see there is a new feature in NOTES on my upgraded iOS, I am confused with the language about upgrading to the new NOTES on my phone.

Do I need to upgrade my MBP to 10.11 El Captain to take advantage of the new features using my phone.

Before I select upgrade, I need to know because I don't intend to upgrade my MBP to 10.11> not yet anyway.

I am adding this, I use notes and they follow both on the MBP as they are on the iPhone 6,

so maybe what I need to know is for what reason would I upgrade iOS NOTES if they are already sync'd on both locations?

thank you,

jojoguitar

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 6:49 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 6:46 AM in response to jojoguitar

Greetings jojoguitar,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have a question about updating Notes on your iPhone without updating your Mac to OS X El Capitan, 10.11. I’ll first start by showing you some of the cool features in the upgraded Notes application. The two following articles do a good job of explaining the new features.

iOS 9 - What’s New - Apple

Upgrade your notes with iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

The issue you may have if you decide to upgrade Notes on your iPhone without updating your Mac would be that you notes would no longer sync across your devices’ Notes applications.

Before you upgrade your notes - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Can I use the new NOTES in iOS 9.1 on my iPhone 6 with 9.1 with out upgrading to 10.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.