Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 on Macbook 2009

Hi

I have upgraded to Windows 10 on my MacBook. The installation process worked fine, and I was able to use Windows yesterday. However, after shutting down the computer for the fist time after the upgrading, I can't get past the ctrl+alt+del window when I try to start up Windows. There is no response when I press ctrl+alt+del. I have found out that my MacBook from 2009 doesn't support Windows 10. There should have been a warning during the upgrading process. However, some people have had problems with ctrl+alt+del before, and I wonder if it is possible to start Windows after all. If not, how can I solve the problem? At least, it must be possible to uninstall Windows 10 without loosing programs and files.

Regards,

Rollon

MacBook, Windows 10, null

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 4:07 PM

6 replies

Dec 2, 2015 5:16 PM in response to Rollon

There is an Ease Of Access button, which can be clicked on with just the mouse. Please also see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/type-without-keyboard#type-without-ke yboard=windows-7 .

If Remote Access is enabled and you have second PC/Mac, you can use Remote Access and login remotely and change preferences, etc. You should also be able to install drivers.

Please also try the following two procedures and check if your Keyboard/Mouse will work.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Booting in Windows Safe Mode is another option to consider.

Windows 10 on Macbook 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.