Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud back of an ipad

once I have backed up my iPad to iCloud. I am able to go through my iPad and delete my photos? Basically does the back up each time, update files that have a modified date or is a new file? I.e. If I have 10 photos backed up, and after back up, I delete two photos from iPad. The two photos I deleted are still on my iCloud?

Other OS, OS is X but not sure exactly which

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 5:39 PM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2015 5:43 PM in response to epoko

No, it doesn't work that way. An iCloud backup is not the same as content stored in iCloud. The backup can only be used to do a complete wipe and restore of the phone.

Next, how are you managing photos? Do you have iCloud Photos enabled in Settings/iCloud? If so, then photos will be synced across all devices, so if you delete a photo from the phone it will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other devices that sync to iCloud. If you do not have iCloud photos enabled, you must copy photos to your computer using the USB cable to save them.

iCloud back of an ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.