Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help! need to load old data on new phone

help! trying to put my data from my old iPhone 4s on my new iPhone 6s. 6s backed up when iTunes was launched so the only backup I'm being offered is this new backup with no data or a really old backup. I can't select the data I backed up from my old 4s earlier in the day. I can, however, see today’s earlier 4s backup in the iTunes preferences. How do I make that backup available in the restore backup drop down menu?

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 6:25 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 6:35 PM in response to beth gore

See the quote below from Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support

To transfer a backup to a device you've already set up, you need to erase the device: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This will erase any data that's currently on your device. After you've erased it, your device will restart and you'll see the "Hello" screen. Now you can transfer a backup to your device.

help! need to load old data on new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.