Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" Late 2012 Flash Expansion Options

I have a Macbook Pro 13" Late 2012 with 120Gb SSD and I'm looking to increase its storage capacity using the flash expansion slot. I want to purchase the highest capacity and fastest flash memory I can find but I'm confused and afraid to buy flash memories that might not be compatible with my Mac. Would someone be kind enough to point out the best options? The more I read, the more confused I get. lol. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:14 AM

The Flash expansion slot is primarily for SD camera card connectivity. Thunderbolt is an expansion connector with many options for external storage.

6 replies

Nov 29, 2015 6:18 AM in response to lllaass

My Mac has a small SSD, only 120Gb. There are things in it such as photos that use a lot of space and I do not access quite often. I'm thinking I can move those files to the SD storage and have it always on. I found one from Sandisk with 200Gb that fits flash so it would not come out. I thought this could be a good option.

Macbook Pro 13" Late 2012 Flash Expansion Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.