Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archiving a project without media

Hi all.

Probably a very simple answer to this question, but something I haven't been able to work out myself.

I currently have a library containing just one project that is taking up 100GB of storage on my external HDD.

This project is complete, so I want to archive it in case it's needed in the future.

I've reduced the library size massively by deleting the render files.

Now, I've created a new library called "Archive Library" on another external drive, then selected the original project, then File > Copy Project to Library.

I select the "Archive Library", I have not checked "include proxy media" etc, but this increases the size of my archive library to 7GB.

I only want to back up the project without any media - if I need to use the project in the future, I can import the original media again.

Is there a straightforward way of doing this?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 6:56 PM

MMake a new library on the same drive as the original. In library properties set an external folder to hold the media. Copy the project you want to archive into the new library.

2 replies

Archiving a project without media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.