Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem in icloud backup

When I try to do icloud backup, I see warning "icloud Backup Failed, There was a problem enabling icloud backup" on my screen. User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:40 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 8:06 AM in response to yusa1980

Greetings yusa1980,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are receiving a specific alert when you attempt to turn on iCloud Backup, “There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup.” To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps from the following article.

There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup.

If you have issues turning on iCloud Backup, try these steps and see if you can turn on iCloud Backup after each step:

1. Wait 10 minutes, then try to turn on iCloud Backup again. If you get a different message, follow the steps for that message and try again.
  2. Check the system status to see if iCloud Backup is available.
  3. Contact Apple Support for help.

iCloud Backup alert messages - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Problem in icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.