Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to

I have an ipod third gen that i put music on with my old laptop but that one dooesnt work anymore and i would like to put it on this laptop but i cant find the files to do so. How do i do it or can I?

iPod nano, Other OS, 3rd gen

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:40 AM

Hi kirktyler11,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you have music on an older iPod which you would like to transfer to a computer. You have come to the right place; we are here to help!

If this music on your iPod was purchased from iTunes, you can download these past purchases directly to your computer. The following article explains this process.

Download your past purchases - Apple Support

If the music was not purchased from iTunes, I would suggest reading over this User Tip created by an Apple Support Communities Power User turingtest2.

Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or i... | Apple Support Communities

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 8:40 AM in response to kirktyler11

Hi kirktyler11,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you have music on an older iPod which you would like to transfer to a computer. You have come to the right place; we are here to help!

If this music on your iPod was purchased from iTunes, you can download these past purchases directly to your computer. The following article explains this process.

Download your past purchases - Apple Support

If the music was not purchased from iTunes, I would suggest reading over this User Tip created by an Apple Support Communities Power User turingtest2.

Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or i... | Apple Support Communities

Best!

how to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.