Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th Gen - How to stop continuous playing of podcasts??

Hi All (especially iPod nano firmware devs!)

I've just upgraded from a beloved nano 5th gen to a new 7th gen and am completely frustrated by the continuous play of podcasts (the 5th gen stopped after each episode) - is there any way to turn off this incredibly annoying "feature" without creating a new playlist for each podcast episode???

Any help would be very much appreciated... going out of my mind trying to find a solution.

iPod nano, Windows 7, ipod nano 7th generation

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:43 AM

4 replies

Dec 14, 2015 5:40 AM in response to mad__llama

This is an Apple user discussion forum, so most replies will be from your fellow users, not Apple employees. If you want to get official tech support, you should use this web page as a starting point

https://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano/

You can also refer to Apple's Contact Us web page

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Under "Product and Technical Support," it says

Mac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple display customers within 90 days of ownership are eligible for complimentary telephone technical support. Online technical support for Apple products is available beyond the initial 90 days.

Unfortunately, my iPod nano is 5th gen, so I can't try things to see of there is a usable work-around (or "trick"). iPod are relatively simple devices, that are designed to work in a certain way. If there is no obvious setting to pause between podcast episodes, Apple was probably listening to previous iPod customers who complained that podcasts (like songs) should NOT pause between episodes, and changed the way it works.

Dec 15, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Hi Kenichi,

Thanks for your reply, at least I can see that someone has read my post!

Apple tech support have so far been unhelpful and told me they don't know why I'd want a pause after each podcast :/

I guess I was hoping that apple developers might occasionally browse here for complaints about "features" that users are finding annoying? Or that there was a hidden "power user" menu where all these options could be accessed, considering that the new nano seems to run a stripped down version of iOS.

I suppose that I'm more than a little annoyed that there is no consistency between devices and the devs just seem to flip-flop on settings that are locked-in. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to let the user *choose* if they wanted continuous play of their podcasts or not??I loved my Nano 5th gen, it had a number of options/settings I could adjust to my liking, most of which have been removed in the newer model. Why do developers assume that we want dumber and dumber devices?

iPod nano 7th Gen - How to stop continuous playing of podcasts??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.