Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't change the apple id/account on my ipad. A message appears and it says the maximum number of free acounts had been used on this device. What to do?

I Had been trying to change accounts on this ipad but i can't. A message appears which says: the maximum number of free accounts had been used on this device. How can i change accounts? Help pls

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 10:21 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 1:42 AM in response to Audrey Faith

This applies when you are trying to sign in with an Apple ID which does not have an iCloud account associated with it, so you would be attempting to create one. Any one device can create only three iCloud accounts - this limit is tied to the hardware and there is no way round it. What you can do is create a new iCloud account on another iOS device or a Mac (not Windows) then you can sign into it on this iPad.

If you are not actually trying to create a new iCloud account but are trying to sign into an existing one check carefully that you have the ID correct.

I can't change the apple id/account on my ipad. A message appears and it says the maximum number of free acounts had been used on this device. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.