Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod5 is stuck on snap upload it wont let me get off this app and i cant go home or multitask my home button is broke so i have the onscreen one and nothing works what do i do

My ipod 5 is stuck on snap upload my home button is broke so i have an onscreen one and nothing is working it wont let me do anything

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 9:44 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2015 8:58 AM in response to penutki73

Hi there penutki73,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there's an issue quitting an app on your iPod touch because the Home button isn't working on your iPod touch. Try restarting the device or setting up service for it, as suggested in the article below.

Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the Home button doesn't work

The Home button is on the front of your iOS device, at the bottom. If the Home button doesn't work, follow these steps:

1. Press the Sleep/Wake button to lock your device.
  2. Wait a couple of seconds.
  3. Press the Home button. Your device should wake up.

If your device doesn't wake up, follow these steps. Test the Home button after each step:

1. Restart your device.
  2. Check for debris or dirt around the Home button and clean it with a soft cloth.
  3. Remove any protective film or case that covers the Home button.

If the Home button still doesn't wake the device, or if the button is damaged, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

my ipod5 is stuck on snap upload it wont let me get off this app and i cant go home or multitask my home button is broke so i have the onscreen one and nothing works what do i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.