Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have electronic books for my kindle, can they be imported into iTunes?

I confess, I have always used Windows mainly because of my job and my wife refuses to learn anything else. We have been married 35 years; I know what battles to avoid.

I have a rather large library, legally obtained, of electronic books for my Kindle Fire.

A certain publisher makes all of their electronic books available to disabled veterans so if you are reading this and like electronic books, do a search on electronic books disabled veterans and you should see the name pop up. I don't know the rules in here and don't want to get banned my first day. However, it is a true blessing as I am housebound due to service injuries (non-combat) and reading saves my sanity at times since they forced me to retire after 40 years of programming in 2011. :-)

I confess, iTunes scares me to death. Every time I have tried to help my wife get her music into iTunes (mostly from truly ancient CDs) I create playlists and inevitably, somehow wind up erasing everything in the library and we have to start all over again. I believe she is thinking I lost a few IQ points when I retired.

I truly do not understand the synchronization process despite repeated readings and watching YouTube video of purported experts.

Examples: I buy her 20 songs and want them to go to her iPod for work as a gift. I move them from recently purchased to a playlist on the iPod and somehow I wind up wiping out hundreds of songs between the devices. Is there an iTunes for extreme dummies?

I have more books thanks to this publisher than I will live to read and don't want them to go away. I also don't want to spend days creating DVDs of backups, though I do do regular backups but have never had luck restoring iTunes from one.

We are dinosaurs so our music CDs are so old they are starting to deteriorate. iTunes does not even allow us to import some of them even though we bought it new at the time, have the case etc. I always hoped there would be a number hidden on the case somewhere that could be used to prove ownership but I guess that is a fantasy.

Ridicule is acceptable.

Guidance would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

If you suggest a manual, please give me a link and an idea where to start. I am old and have no idea how long I have to read so I have to be efficient.

The same goes for YouTube videos. If you know of a good one for people at the 5th grade level, please provide a link.

I know it is a lot to ask as being a new person to iTunes almost appears to be a form of heresy. My adult children laugh at me and tell me to just learn it.

Help?!

iPod nano, Scared silly to upgrade iPod

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 9:26 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 4:00 AM in response to Natarthos

iTunes itself doesn't work as an eBook reader. Books & PDFs loaded into the library can then be added to an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and accessed using the iBooks app. Mac users also have an iBooks app, but there isn't one for Windows. I'm not sure if your books could be added to iTunes, it would depend on the exact format and whether or not they have digital rights management encryption, however if you want to access the books on your computer you can use Amazon's free Kindle Reader for PC. There is also a reader for iOS devices, but your iPod nano isn't one of them.

In general the easiest way to manage a device with iTunes is to make one of playlists of content that you want on the device, then connect the device and sync with those lists. All content should remain in the library. Things tend to get more complicated when you try to manually manage the content on the device using drag & drop or start clearing out the library after things have been added to the device.

My recommended backup strategy for iTunes is given here: Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

tt2

I have electronic books for my kindle, can they be imported into iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.