Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot switch back to OS x after installing windows 8 via bootcamp

Hello everyone,

2014 I have installed windows 8 via bootcamp on my MAC. At the beginning everything was working fine and I could switch between the two operation systems.

However, windows asked me to do recovery partition and after it was done I couldn't switch back any more to OS x.User uploaded file

I wanted just to upgrade windows 8 to windows 10, but I couldn`t via the update option , so I tried via bootable USB with Windows. Moreover, all my tries ended with different errors such as:

User uploaded file

Then I have tried first to reinstall OS x with bootable OS x Yosemite and OS x El Capitan, but you can see what have happened:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I also tried to start OS x via the bootcamp control panel, but I couldnt you can see:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Please advice me How I can completely wipe out everything and install new OS x or how I can repair my existent OS x.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:07 AM

Use OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support to boot into Internet Recovery and How to install OS X on an external drive connected to your Mac - Apple Support and boot from this external disk. W8 is fairly buggy, you should consider W8.1. Do you have backups of OS X and Windows?

6 replies

Dec 1, 2015 12:25 AM in response to Loner T

I fixed my problem by recovery of the system via internet. When you restart your MAC you have to hold "Option Key + R" to go in internet recovery mode.

The first 2 tries I have experience some problems with the connection, however, on the 3rd try everything went smooth. Thank you for your help 🙂 Now I am using OS X El Capitan + Windows 10 Pro - everything works great so far 🙂

Cannot switch back to OS x after installing windows 8 via bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.