Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will not recognise my iphone 6S plus

Hi,

I have the latest version of Itunes and just went to sync my iphone 6S plus for the first time since I got it (did do a restore ok) but it doesnt recognise my phone when connected.

I have windows 10.

There was some talk on the internet about looking in devices for an apple device in univeral bus controllers??? but there isn't one there and i didnt want to fiddle too much so not sure what to do.

thanks

Trish

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2015 3:43 PM

Hi trish6150,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone 6s Plus is not being recognized when connected to your Windows 10 computer.

To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would suggest reading over and working through the information in the following article. The article does not include instructions for Windows 10 specifically, but should be similar to the Windows 8 instructions.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Best!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2015 3:43 PM in response to trish6150

Hi trish6150,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone 6s Plus is not being recognized when connected to your Windows 10 computer.

To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would suggest reading over and working through the information in the following article. The article does not include instructions for Windows 10 specifically, but should be similar to the Windows 8 instructions.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Best!

Dec 4, 2015 10:03 AM in response to trish6150

Hello,

Was this simple to do? I am having the same driver problem (also iPad2 is also not recognised). Both devices are showing within "other devices" and updating the driver doesn't work.

To date, I have extracted (and repaired) the "AppleMobileDeviceSetup.msi" component from the iTunes installer, but this did not help.

I am using the very latest Windows 10 v1511. I suspect this Windows update to be the problem ,as everything was fine to this point.

Regards,

Stephen

itunes will not recognise my iphone 6S plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.