Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe interchangeablility

I have an 11" MacBook Air with a 45w magsafe power supply. My wife has a 13" MBPro with a 60w magsafe power supply. Am I right in thinking I can run my Air on her supply, but she will cannot use mine?. When we go on holiday we only want to take one supply pack!

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:41 AM

Yes you are correct. A charger rated for more wattage than it came with will not harm a notebook. The notebook (MBA or MBP) will simply draw the amount of power it needs. I smaller rated charger will not provide the needed power, hence the lack of compatibility. Just make certain that the connections are compatible.

Ciao.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 9:41 AM in response to jono1949

Yes you are correct. A charger rated for more wattage than it came with will not harm a notebook. The notebook (MBA or MBP) will simply draw the amount of power it needs. I smaller rated charger will not provide the needed power, hence the lack of compatibility. Just make certain that the connections are compatible.

Ciao.

Magsafe interchangeablility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.