Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 power up and crashing issues

About a week ago, I left my iPhone 6 charging overnight as I often do, but it was a brick when I woke up. It would not turn on, and I had to do the "reset" where you hold the home and power buttons together. The phone powered on, but crashed 6-7 hours later and would not power back on unless I did the reset. I continued doing this through the week, as I live in a major metropolitan area that made going to the Apple Store a nightmare. My phone then got to the point where it would not stay powered on for more than 10 minutes without completely dying-this is with a full battery.

Did a full restore-nothing. I have tried everything, but it crashes. When it does crash, the screen goes all wonky with an almost static-y picture. I baby my phone-it has an Otterbox Defender on, has never been dropped, never been near water, and has only been used with the lightning cable it came with. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 9:40 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 8:52 AM in response to markm039

Hello, markm039.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPhone will unexpectedly reboot and not hold a charge. I would suggest reaching out to us via the quoted section below as a restore did not resolve the issue.

What to do next

Contact Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn‘t respond or won‘t turn on

Cheers

iPhone 6 power up and crashing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.