Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine stops after 400MB

Hi,

A few days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted my entire iPhoto library. After some search, the best thing to do was to restore one of my back-ups (which I make daily). It took around 7 hours to restore the back-up, and everything is working fine, except for my Time Machine.

It does not matter on which location I make the bac-up (1,6 TB free, 160 GB free of 90 GB free space), the back-up stops at 400 MB of the 72,65 GB since I restored one of my back-ups. Nothing seems to be working, but I want to make a new back-up. Does anyone know how to make a new back-up or has heard from this issue?

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 4:32 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 11:47 AM in response to SophieDrenthe

If Time Machine is continually failing you need to run a verify of the disk you are backing up.

It can also be helpful to know at what point it is failing..

There is a simple out .. and a well worthwhile one.. use Carbon Copy Cloner to at least make a working backup before you mess up something .. you can download and use it free for a month.. see if you like it. TM is becoming painful and problematic.

See how to do verify.

A5 here.. http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html

However if you run el capitan it can be radically different.. you might need some extra help.. what OS are you running??

Time Machine stops after 400MB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.