Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my mac dying?

hi,

i have a iMAC 27 (half 2010).For the second time in a row as i open up the computer on the screen i see b&w square full of grain that cover half of it. It last few seconds than everything is ok.It make me think that the screen could crash soon.am i sadly right? 2 questions for you:

1) can i do anything right now to prevent the final event before it's too late?

2) in case no,can it be repaired at a reasonable cost or i have to buy a new one?.

Thank you for your answer.

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 3:27 AM in response to meluccia

meluccia wrote:

1) can i do anything right now to prevent the final event before it's too late?

Back up everything of importance, now. Do the Apple Hardware Test

on your machine (Using Apple Hardware Test - Apple Support).

2) in case no,can it be repaired at a reasonable cost or i have to buy a new one?.

It all really depends on what the issue is. May have something to do with the logic board

or could be the display itself. You could make a few calls and get estimates of either scenario.

Then, only you can decide which is a more worthwhile expenditure, repair or new. Repair costs

can vary widely depending on location. Strongly suggest you get the work done by an

Apple authorized repair service.

is my mac dying?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.