Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pasting At Original Position doesn't work as expected

Experiencing a "Pasting At Original Position" bug: the copied sequence is pasted slightly forward in respect of the right point

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 4:36 AM

9 replies

Nov 29, 2015 9:54 AM in response to mnstudio

It is normally related/caused by having events (meta, automation, etc) prior to the region start. ( even though the event list will not show them until you expand the left side of the region you are using as the source in the copy/paste.

Couple of things to look for....

1/ if your project start - is before 1,1,1,1 (bad)

2/ The region which you are moving had its left side shortened (instead of cut) for which there was automation or some other kind of data prior to the region start. The way to correct is to (on the left side) elongate to the left the region which is your source by several measure and then using the scissor tool or command T - cut the region back to its normal size. This will eliminate events prior to the region start which normally causes this issue.

3/ Open the automation event list (cmd+cntrl+e) for this region and delete any automation that begins prior to the region start.

Normally one or all the above would solve this issue. Happy to look at it - if you want to upload your project via dropbox. You can delete most audio except for the track/regions in question.

Nov 30, 2015 2:56 AM in response to Indyuser

Very interesting your analysis, Indyuser 🙂

I can say that:

1) Yes, the project start at 0,1,1,1. But I knew that it could cause issues. In fact it was 1,1,1,1. Probably it went to 0.1.1.1 when I recorded an audio track slightly before the initial beat, and LPX took a measure more. By the way, I tried to bring the start position back to 1,1,1,1 but LPX doesn't let me do it, even if there is nothing between 0 and 1, I don't know why... 😐

2) The region which I'm moving is an audio region. Actually it has its left side shortened, but even bringing back to its original start point the issue remains.

3) It hasn't automation events into it at all.

Here it is the project. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iptuohsrfait7jl/AAA3Ho9aUuHqGcgeaQfB2HLua?dl=0

Nov 30, 2015 5:24 AM in response to mnstudio

I was able to reproduce your problem........

You have a hidden track (track 2) with a region that starts prior to 1.1.1.1.

1/ Delete this region or move it to the right.

2/ change project start marker to be at 1.1.1.1.

Copy and PAOP works fine then....

double click the attachment to run the animation if necessary.

See attacheUser uploaded filed......

Pasting At Original Position doesn't work as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.