Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover photos from iCloud

Somewhat silly it is to ask because I myself restored my iPad mini 2. As I was unaware that all my photos which are currently on my iPad will be deleted as well.

But I don't understand as even after restoring my iPad to my previous backup I still had three photos left on my photosstream plus all the photos from the previous backup.

Though the truth is I want all of those photos back which were present on my iPad before restoring. Are those photos on my iCloud, if not then how those three photos popped up on my photosstream. ( And my iCloud backup was turned off for photos as far as I remember )

MY questions are: I need my photos back, how?

Are they going to download to my photosstream on their own like those three photos.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Reply only if you are sure you can help. But still all sorts of help is appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:29 AM

Photo stream in the cloud only keeps photos for 30 days while the photo stream album on your device keeps them indefinitely (up to 1,000 photos). The result is if you delete photos from your phone and then add them back from the cloud, only photos taken in the last 30 days will be restored.

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:36 AM in response to harn33t

Did you get my point? Well I had restored from a backup from iTunes, which resulted into deletion of all but three photos. And I checked via browser on iCloud, there are no photos there.

If all photos were deleted, then how could those three managed to reappear on my photosstream. Well it's a good thing for me, I want a way to get all those photos back.

Recover photos from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.