Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb viewport configuration

I’m using iWeb 2011 with all its outdated configurations and of course with a relative width of 700px.

I’ve found this works with all devices without changing anything:

<meta name="viewport content="width=700=content=width-device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

pedro santos

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:49 AM

8 replies

Nov 30, 2015 1:33 AM in response to 22gpsarch22

NO, you are NOT using iWeb 11 because iWeb 11 does not exist.

iWeb has always been part of the iLife package and iWeb 09, was part of both iLife 11 and iLife 09.

Turns out you are using something that is even more outdated than you first thought!!

Also, this is a user to user technical support forum, so you actually need to post a question and not a statement.

Most people will not be interested in what you have posted, because I think you will find that most people have moved on from iWeb now to other things.

Nov 30, 2015 3:59 AM in response to Ethmoid

Hi Ethmoid,

Sorry for the confusion, your right I wanted to share my new Meta tag with iWeb users.

Like you said iweb is old and incompatible with today’s standards, I’ve looked at all the new iweb look-a-likes, they all fair pale to the original iWeb.

This is a screen shot of my version:

User uploaded file

This is my website:

http://theevolutionofreason.com/The_Evolution_Of_Reason.html

Take it for a spin with a viewport resizer app. Or download Google’s viewport resizer app. (free), to show its visual compatibility with all devices.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/viewport-resizer/kapnjjcfcncngkadhpmij lkblpibdcgm

Also, check out my website’s “Element Source”.

Sincerely

pedro santos

Nov 30, 2015 5:30 AM in response to Wyodor

Hi Wyodor

Sorry you don’t understand.

If you use:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

You have to reconfigure all your files (Images and Text) to respond to responsive design, (this meta tag is only the initial scale introduction)

This meta tag:

<meta name="viewport content="width=700=content=width-device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

Does everything in the initial statement without changing anything.

Again visit my web site and see for your self

pedro santos

Nov 30, 2015 7:44 AM in response to Wyodor

Hi Wyodor

Yes at first look it looks wrong, but if you ignore what everyone is saying and turn the words into numerical values:

Like: A=B=C you’ll understand.

Notice the prentices in the initial statement:

"viewport content

This establishes the beginning of the statement followed by end statement;

initial-scale=1.0"

If I put prentices after viewport:

"viewport” I close the statement and it won't work.

I’m a writer and words to me are also numerical values.

Sincerely

pedro santos

iWeb viewport configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.