Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overscan issue with the ATV 4

My Panasonic plasma tv (2010 version) has over-scan turned on and it doesn't have a switch to turn it off.

I didn't have this problem with previous Apple TV (v2 and v3), but now with ATV4 all edges of the screen are cropped.

I thought that the calibrate option in the atv settings would help me fix it, but it only has a pattern to check the over-scan problem, not to fix it. I even bought an app (Calibrateapp) that mentioned that it could help with the over-scan issue, but it only have patterns (I ordered a refund for this one).

I really don't want to buy a new tv set just to fix this issue that didn't exist on older Apple tvs.

Can someone share some light on this issue?

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:22 AM

I have the same issue. Nothing to do I'm afraid.

If you have any suggestions that you think might enhance the Apple TV you can send Apple your feedback here

9 replies

Dec 26, 2015 10:35 PM in response to Wilfredo Nanita

Same problem here - 2009 Vizio LCD TV - there is no option to turn off overscan. I've tried all resolutions and scaling (Wide, Normal, Zoom, Cinema, etc). All I can get is the "Minimal" view on the ATV4 calibration screen. I cannot see "full screen". Some games are barely playable (Asphalt 8) because I can't see the top buttons in the menus. This is a problem - big problem.

Feb 29, 2016 6:23 PM in response to Wilfredo Nanita

Does anyone know if they're going to fix this in an update? Or is apple forcing us all to purchase new TV's?!!!

So crazy my 3rd gen I had yesterday, does not do this, but this new 4th gen, is like a half an inch of cut off from fullscreen...? I have a PS4 hooked up to it, no issues, what the **** apple?!

Hope someone figures this out or it's fixed in update.

Overscan issue with the ATV 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.