Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 just stopped working nothing!

my IPhone 6 just stopped working. nothing! will not turn on & pc will not recognize it. plz help!!!!

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:36 AM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2015 5:52 AM in response to DonnieDfromBmore

You can try a few things 🙂

1. Upgrade the software to 9.1 (latest software for ios)

2. Hard Reset: Press the Home button (bottom of phone) and the Power button at the same time, hold til the apple logo appears then let go

(This will refresh the device but not delete nor remove anything from your phone)

3. Make sure your PC (XP or Newer) is up to date with software and Itunes is up- to-date (XP: Start menu>My Computer>Hardware>Windows Update)

Itunes:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If the menu bar isn't showing, hold down the Control and B keys to open it.
  3. From the menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates.
  4. Follow the prompts to install the latest version of Itunes

4. If your iPhone, iPad or iPod won't connect to iTunes on your PC, try the steps below.

Use these steps if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Windows PC. When trying these steps, don't manually place the device into recovery mode. You also might have seen one of these messages:

• The device can't be restored in iTunes.
  • A "!" or "?" symbol, plug symbol, or "X" appears next to the device's entry in Device Manager.
  • During an update or restore, the device might no longer be recognized by iTunes.

You can also refer to your computer's help system, contact your IT department, or visit support.microsoft.com for more help.

(For other troubleshooting tips on windows and itunes: iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Questions: What were you doing before this happened? Has it Happened before?

Nov 29, 2015 6:42 PM in response to DonnieDfromBmore

DonnieDfromBmore wrote:

my IPhone 6 just stopped working. nothing! will not turn on & pc will not recognize it. plz help!!!!

Charge the phone for 15 minutes using the wall adapter. Then hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo (or a message) appears. Hold for up to 30 seconds, although normally 10 seconds is enough. If a message appears follow the instructions. If nothing happens after 30 seconds your phone is broken. Take it to an Apple store for diagnosis.

my iphone 6 just stopped working nothing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.