Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s app launch delay

I was using an which suddenly froze so I killed it in the app switcher but when I went to launch the app again, it delayed for about 5 seconds before actually launching the app. I read an article that said killing apps is bad for the device and can slow it down so I am afraid it might have affected the performance of my iPhone in the future. Could this have happened?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:22 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 1:36 PM in response to Aditya_S11

Hello Aditya_S11,

It sounds like you're concerned that quitting an app may have caused an issue or will cause one in the future. What you did is nota danger to the longevity of the app, in fact according to the following article you did exactly what you should have in that situation:

Force an app to close in iOS

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

If an app isn’t responding, you can force it to close.

If an app is unresponsive and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch still reacts to button presses, you can force the app to close

Generally, there's no need to force an app to close unless it's unresponsive. When you press the Home button two times quickly, the recently used apps that appear aren't open. They're in an efficient standby mode to help you navigate and multitask.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

iPhone 6s app launch delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.