Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my google account to save my contacts from iCloud?

I know that I can save my contacts from my iPhone using iCloud, but can I somehow sync my contacts to my google just in case so that I don't lose it

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:44 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 3:06 PM in response to scorpiofromcanada

Good day scorpiofromcanada,

One way to do what you are trying to accomplish - duplicate your iCloud contacts in Google - would be to export your iCloud contacts in vcard format and then importing the vcard into Google's contacts. You will want to do this on a computer, as you can not export the iCloud contacts on an iPhone other than doing so one at a time.

To export the contacts from iCloud, use the directions in this article - iCloud: Export contact information as a vCard. You can do this from a web browser on any computer.

This Gmail help article tells how to import the vcard file with your recently exported contacts into Google Contacts - Import vCard files - Gmail Help

Note that any changes made to either iCloud or Google Contacts will not be reflected in the other, so if you want to keep everything up to date, you will need to move any changes back and forth manually.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Can I use my google account to save my contacts from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.