Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my name does not appear when I send a text

Hi-

I have an iphone 5C / ios 7.1.2, and when I send a text message my name does not appear on the sent message (in other words when I send a text the recipient doesn't know who it's from).

I might have inadvertently changed one of the settings, but can't seem to figure out what I changed or where I changed it.

Do you have any thoughts about what ghts be wrong?

Thanks

Nicole

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2015 10:35 AM

That has nothing to do with your device, that is on the receiver's end. They are the one that has to put your name into their contacts for that to appear on their device. All that happens when you send a message is your phone number is sent, and their device picks up that Caller ID information and if you appear in their contact list, your name appears. Have your friend check their contacts on their device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2015 10:35 AM in response to nicolette of the spirits

That has nothing to do with your device, that is on the receiver's end. They are the one that has to put your name into their contacts for that to appear on their device. All that happens when you send a message is your phone number is sent, and their device picks up that Caller ID information and if you appear in their contact list, your name appears. Have your friend check their contacts on their device.

my name does not appear when I send a text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.