Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow-to-No Charging/Inconsistent Connection to iTunes

Hello all

The specs:

iPad Air; Model A1474

iOS 9

Apple supplied Lightning Connector.

Apple supplied 10W adapter/charging brick

Background:

Purchased a new iPad and a new iMac in September 2015.

The iPad worked well for about a month, until iOS 9.

I left the iPad connected to the new iMac while the iOS was downloading. The iMac went into Sleep Mode. The iPad's battery drained. (Saw the large battery icon with the vertical red lines.) Since then, trouble.

The Problem:

iTunes inconsistency recognizes the iPad. I connect directly via USB to the iMac; sometimes the device is recognized. Sometimes it is not. Usually 7/8 out of 10 times there is no recognition. Alternatively, I connect the iPad to the iMac via a USB hub. Same results.

As for charging -- the iPad charges if connected to the iMac via USB or to a wall outlet via the adapter...but ever so slowly. For instance: last night the iPad was charged using the 10W adapter to a wall outlet. It began at 17% charge. Nine hours later the charge was at 25%. If I plug it in and DON'T see the lightning bolt symbol next to battery icon I know the charge will be painstakingly slow.

Attempted Solutions:

Sleep -- wait 15 minutes then wake. Make physical connections. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

Reboot (Sleep/Home button for 15 seconds) Wait 15 minutes. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

Erase all Settings and Contents. Have done this three times in the last month.

Check for lint/fuzz in iPad or USB -- none found.

Check for twisted, frayed, loose -- anything unusual looking about the USB cord. Nothing unusual.

Checked the power adapter for bent prongs or unusual gaps. Nothing unusual.

Used different wall outlets. Problem persists.

Plea for Help:

Can someone save me a trip the Apple store?

A problem with iOS?

A problem with iTunes?

A hardware problem with the iPad?

A lightning/USB problem?

Insights and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for your interest.

Lxloco

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, Wi-Fi only

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:07 AM

There are no replies.

Slow-to-No Charging/Inconsistent Connection to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.