Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after replaceing the home botton

i have iphone 6,

its under warrenty (1 year)

the problem is that the warrenty is in israel or US,

i was in thailand and brook the screen and the home botton so i need to repair this there.

i went to apple store, and they didn't want to replace it.

so i need to go to othere store to make this.

now, the fingerid not work and they told me not to upgrade the IOS,

what shold i do know?

eyal

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, 355902065816900

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:38 AM

6 replies

Nov 29, 2015 6:40 AM in response to eyaltir

You should know that having someone other than Apple or an Authorized Apple Service provider open the device voids all warranty and post-warranty support. Also, a phone with Touch ID, if you have someone other than Apple replace it, updating your iOS will generally result in an error 53 when you attempt your update and will brick your phone. Apple will do nothing about it, since you had a 3rd party repair the device. You have put yourself into a bad position. You will probably need to replace your entire device with a new/used device.

Nov 29, 2015 6:49 AM in response to eyaltir

There is no other idea. This is what happens when you purchase an iPhone from a region where you do not intend to use it. The warranty for the iPhone is not international. You put yourself into the situation, and then made it worse by having someone open the device. No Apple store anywhere will ever support that phone again. I have given you your options in my last post. You have essentially ruined your phone with your actions.

Nov 29, 2015 6:59 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

"This is what happens when you purchase an iPhone from a region where you do not intend to use it"

i bought it in my country and use this, i was on bussines trip and all the information was inside, this why i need to repair it urgent.

"You will probably need to replace your entire device with a new/used device."

you nean to buy new one or upgrade throw apple store?

Nov 29, 2015 11:03 PM in response to eyaltir

If you bought it in your country, then you would know where your warranty was. You quote "the problem is that the warrenty is in israel or US" One or the other, can't be both. While the information may have been urgent, the fact that you had a 3rd party repair, that obviously did not know what they were doing, has ruined your device and your service from Apple. No matter the reason, it doesn't change the outcome.

Yes, I mean purchase a new one. You will not be able to do anything with that device and Apple.

after replaceing the home botton

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.