Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6 won't undo or SAVE after certain actions!

So, since I upgraded to Keynote 6 my presentations are driving me insane.

After I do certain actions (like editing points made with the Draw with Pen tool), at some point (I never notice exactly when) Keynote stops responding to some vital commands like Undo or Save. It's weird, because (for example) if I used ⌘+Z , the "Edit" menu would turn blue, with nothing really happening at all. What's even worse, is that the Quit command (⌘+Q) will stop working as well, which frustrates me a lot, because, as I can't save my presentation, all the hard work I put into it after this "specific action" will be lost when I try to force quit.

I tried using my keyboard and the menu buttons to activate each of these actions, with no success.

Is there any way to fix this error? Is Apple aware of this bug? Is there any way to recover the work I made after having this problem?

Keynote version: 6.6.1

Macbook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:32 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Qwertyseba

This is not typical for Keynote in Yosemite

First, delete Keynote from Applications folder, empty the trash and then re-install from the Mac App Store.

However the symptoms you are describing are more akin to low system performance than any thing to do with Keynote.

• check the amount of RAM being used in Activity Monitor located in: Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor
  • check the amount of free hard drive space from Activity Monitor
  • running useless and processor hungry applications such as antivirus or so called cleaning applications e.g. Norton, clean my Mac

Keynote 6 won't undo or SAVE after certain actions!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.