Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you assign a command (key or controller) to select an individual track/channel?

Does anyone know how to assign a command to select an individual track/channel? I have searched extensively for this on the internet and the closest thing I found was a thread about using the environment and hex decimal code, but I couldn't make any sense of it.

Basically, all I want to do (and I'm sure thousands of other users want the same thing), is to be able to assign a button on my controller to select a channel. I have 8 buttons on the controller for this so I want to assign one button to each of the first 8 tracks, then ideally assign one to a mode change so I can flip up to the next bank of 8 using the same buttons.

So, to be clear, if I push the button it selects the corresponding track (not pan or volume, but just selects the track). And then have one button to move up to the next bank of 8 tracks.

Im sure I did this music more easily in Logic 9, but maybe not.

Logic Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:31 AM

There are no replies.

How do you assign a command (key or controller) to select an individual track/channel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.