Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Threading text question Pages 5.6.1

I'm working on a NEW Pages document, I was sent a previous Pages document which I need to follow the style, font, etc. Easiest to do was to copy the previous pages doc sent to me change the name and start swapping text and images. Once I got the text in the new document I needed to import some graphics but when I did this the text on the page wraps around the graphic fine but it does NOT push the text down to the next page or THREAD the text.

First I thought it was a setting in my Pages prefs but I took the original document and added an image in-between a paragraph and I see that the document I'm pasting also does not allow me to thread the text.

SO

how can I correct this?

If I'm not clear please advize I will try to re explain.

RD

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:14 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 8:32 AM in response to dagwaremedia

Ok I tried something, first copied a page from the original Pages document on to a BLANK pages document, when I put the cursor between paragraphs and kept hitting the return the text moved down but never copied to the second page.

So I opend a Pre done template did the same thing and the threading works so now do I use a pre designed template as close to my pages doc for this?

If so how do copy the styles over?

will my styles work?

thx

R

Threading text question Pages 5.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.