Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto keeps crashing when I select Information

My iPhoto keeps crashing every time I click on Info. I tried rebuilding the iPhoto Library, but that just made things worse. Now, photos are stored in the wrong events, and things I previously deleted are showing up in the events. I tried creating a new iPhoto Library with a small number of photos, but iPhoto continues to crash when I select Info. I have also rebooted my computer numerous times, but this has no effect.

I am using iPhoto 11, version 9.4.3 (720.91). I have a MacBook Pro using OS X Mountain Lion, version 10.8.5. I have 8 GB of memory and 1 TB SSD hard drive.

Please let me know any possible steps to remedy the situation.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iPhoto 11, version 9.4.3

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:24 AM

A lot of older versions of iPhoto 11 are having this right now:

Huxly647 figured out this fix

1. goto /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources

2. delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html

Iphoto no longer crashes, places doesn't work but it doesn't bother me too much.

23 replies

Nov 29, 2015 10:32 AM in response to floridave1

iPhoto version iPhoto 9.4.3 is crashing right now, if the Info panel is selected when you launch iPhoto because the Google Maps servers are no longer available to provide places information.

Have a look at this discussion:

There is a problem with the Places feature, because the Google maps are no longer supported.

See Huxly647's solution:

Huxly647Nov 20, 2015 12:05 AM
Re: iPhoto crashes after opening repeatedlyin response to carvermonHelpful

I found a fix that works for me..

1. goto /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources

2. delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html

Iphoto no longer crashes, places doesn't work but it doesn't bother me too much.

Let me know if it works for you guys...

Removing the two files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html from iPhoto's application bundle prevents the javascript inside from being executed and causing the crash. To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

Don't try this fix without making a copy of the iPhoto application before you try to remove the two files from the application bundle.

To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

iPhoto keeps crashing when I select Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.