Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Contact List

After Virgin Media changed their email hosting system a few days ago I could not get or send emails on my Ipad until I had deleted and re-entered the email account. Having done that I was horrified to see that all but two Contact List entries had been deleted. I followed the instructions for recovering the list from the iCloud but all that happened was that the list on the cloud was replaced by the two entries on my ipad. My question is, is there any backup which the cloud keeps to undo an action like this, so I could try again to recover my List?

iPad 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:46 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 1:41 AM in response to paul9531031

Further to my lost Contact List, I had installed and used an app called MCBackup. I have a copy of the backup file it created on my PC, so I tried emailing it to myself and opened the email on my Ipad, but although it is a file of 365k on the PC, all that gets sent via email is a tiny 2k file. I saved the email on the PC as a .eml file and looked inside - all the data is present but for some wierd reason does not get included when emailed. Next I tried to re-construct the data as an attachment by removing some of what was clearly text at the beginning, but nothing I have done so far will present to the Contacts App on the ipad as a valid vcard attachment. Can anyone tell me how to format the file in a suitable way? Please help. Thanks

Lost Contact List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.