Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto crashing - no previous problems

I have iPhoto 9.4.3 installed on my MacBookPro.

For the first time since purchasing the laptop in 2012 iPhoto is quitting unexpectedly - an error report is being generated which I am sending to Apple.

In people's experience, is Apple likely to respond to this error report i.e. will the problem be fixed? Or do I have to try and investigate a solution myself?

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:34 AM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 10:50 AM in response to SarahMacBookPro

SarahMacBookPro wrote:

I have iPhoto 9.4.3 installed on my MacBookPro.

For the first time since purchasing the laptop in 2012 iPhoto is quitting unexpectedly - an error report is being generated which I am sending to Apple.

In people's experience, is Apple likely to respond to this error report i.e. will the problem be fixed? Or do I have to try and investigate a solution myself?

Many thanks.

IMHO it is doubtful Apple will respond, they don't respond to individual reports. By the way iPhoto was replaced by the Photos for Mac app which became available when Yosemite 10.10.3 was released. If you are interested in getting Photos for Mac then you will need to upgrade OS X, the most current release is not El Capitan 10.11.1

iPhoto crashing - no previous problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.