Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

settings for scanned B&W negatives

Hi all. I'm staring a major scanning project of my old b&w and color negatives, slides. I'm scanning using 16 bit grayscale and importing into aperture. My question is, does anybody have a good tutorial/help with the adjustment settings. I would also like to use that setting to batch adjust all similar scans. I did a search but was not able to find anything. Any help would be dearly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:46 AM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2015 3:38 PM in response to johngrussell

Scanning negatives in an easy and really good way is very unlikely in real world. I'm doing this for 20 years and tried lots of methods, softwares and scanners.

For me, the best solution about color negatives was what I describe here.

http://oldgoodlight.blogspot.com.br/p/scanning-negatives-in-raw.html

Believe me, color negatives are a pain. Even some well known commercial scanning programs are far from good.

Black and white ones are much easyer to manage. Usually you need to pay attention on the black/white levels and make a correction curve. But adjusts will vary a lot depending on how much the exposure was off.

settings for scanned B&W negatives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.