Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to undo/recover deleted words of a note from Iphone?

Hi,

I started on my iphone5 a note yesterday and was editing it today but accidentally deleted words.

How do we undo this? Is that possible? Maybe on latest version of IOS it's possible but I don't have that one yet because of space issues?

Phone has no backups. Only made one after this today.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2017 5:43 AM

Does this only work with the last edit or is there a way to undo more than one move? I did one more edit to the note in frustration and the shake only undos that one.. 😐

6 replies

Nov 29, 2015 8:58 AM in response to FrenchieCocoWoodPusher

Hi,

You can certainly undo. All that you have to do is as soon as you realise that you have deleted the words just "shake" your device and yu will get an option to undo.

You can do this in your current OS. I request you to take backups in iTunes periodically as you always have your data in a secure location.

Take care & have a great day with your iPhone.

Nov 29, 2015 9:05 AM in response to FrenchieCocoWoodPusher

There is no way to recover them. Notes does not have an undo feature and you have no previous backup to restore from.

P.S. Sorry, forgot about the shake to undo as I have it disabled on my devices - was too flaky for my taste (either came up when not wanted or had to shake the heck out of a device to get it to come up - just my experience with it so I turned it off in settings).

How to undo/recover deleted words of a note from Iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.