Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I bringing Library hidden files with a stored song, corrupting my Library Files?

I'm on a MacBook Pro: El Capitan

- To save memory I save the Music folder to an external drive and using the Delete in ITunes (files to trash) what I do not usually listen.

- Then, when I want to use an Album, I use the Add to Library to take it back into my ITunes Library.

- At first ll seems fine, but later, if I try to erase another song - from the same Artist - in ITunes, it erases a big part of my collection, already in ITunes, only from that Artist.

I have formatted my Mac using Time Machine from before these incidents, but when I repeat this operation it happens again (I have has to reformat 3 times already to get my ITunes in order)

Am I bringing Library hidden files with the stored Album/Song that is corrupting my Library?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:29 AM

There are no replies.

Am I bringing Library hidden files with a stored song, corrupting my Library Files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.