Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've recently purchased a 2009 iMac, and now realised it hasn't got iPhoto in it. How do I get it?

I've recently purchased a 2009 iMac using OS X 10.9.5 and just realised it hasn't got iPhoto installed. I understand this has been replaced, but how can I install either the old, or the new app? From what I've read I can only upgrade if there is already a version installed. Or, if I upgrade to Yosemite, will it be automatically installed with the upgrade?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:31 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 11:27 AM in response to Pazzas

Several things are working against you, and iPhoto is not part of any OS X installation.

1. If you never had downloaded Yosemite, it is no longer available from Apple. This forces a decision to either remain on Mavericks, or upgrade to El Capitan.
  2. El Capitan will automatically install the new Photos application, and automatically import an existing iPhoto Library — but only if it detects the installation of iPhoto v9.6.1.
  3. Apple has pulled iPhoto from the OS X App Store.
    1. If you never downloaded it before, then you are out of luck.
    2. The Apple iPhoto 9.6.1 updater is no longer found on the Apple downloads site.

I've recently purchased a 2009 iMac, and now realised it hasn't got iPhoto in it. How do I get it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.