Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple TV 4th gen, faster, wireless or wired?

I Have the new Apple TV 4th generation. I read that the wireless is faster than the wired way. Is that true ? I have no issues really with speed being slow as I have 72 Mbps BT infinity 2.

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:45 PM

The maximum wired speed for the Apple TV 4th generation is 100 mbps. If your broadband connection is 72mbps then there is no advantage either way, wired or wireless as far as streaming goes. If you use home sharing to stream content from your computer to the Apple TV then WiFi will have the advantage using either the 802.11/n or /ac protocol. Why Apple chose to not make the ethernet port gigabit is anybody’s guess.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 12:45 PM in response to vxpro

The maximum wired speed for the Apple TV 4th generation is 100 mbps. If your broadband connection is 72mbps then there is no advantage either way, wired or wireless as far as streaming goes. If you use home sharing to stream content from your computer to the Apple TV then WiFi will have the advantage using either the 802.11/n or /ac protocol. Why Apple chose to not make the ethernet port gigabit is anybody’s guess.

Is Apple TV 4th gen, faster, wireless or wired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.