Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone had a power outage while downloading El Capitan?

I was downloading El Capitan when the power went off. It said downloading before the outage although it didn't look like anything was happening. When I booted back up after the power came on and went to the app store, clicked on El Capitan and a button that said resume appeared. I clicked on that and had to sign in with my Apple ID which I did. The button continued to say resume and still looked like nothing is happening. Now the button has changed to a faded out pause. Should I assume it is actually downloading even though there is no activity indicated such as a download gauge or activity on my router? I have a 2009 iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5.

iMac

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:17 AM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2015 10:47 AM in response to cokielewis

Look in the Purchased tab in the App Store and see if El Capitan is there and available for download. If it is not then look in the Applications folder and see if the El Capitan install app is there, if it is double click it and El Capitan should install.

Finally, please get yourself an UPS. Power outages and brownouts are VERY VERY bad for computers. You are lucky yours powered back up!

Has anyone had a power outage while downloading El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.