Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 5th Generation doesn't pair the right album cover with the right artist?

It will take album covers from different artists in my music library and put them on the wrong artists or albums. For example, all of my Rolling Stones albums have the album artwork for Led Zeppelin III. Why is this, and how can a fix it? preferably without deleting all 8,000 some songs on my ipod? I've tried deleting the album(s) this has happened too, but all it does is put another wrong album cover on. I know this isn't a super pressing need, but i've had the ipod for almost a year, and it's beginning to kind of **** me off.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:22 AM

If not this:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/deleting-the-itunes-album-artwork-cache-folder-may-reso lve-problems-with-album-art-displaying/

then

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Mellio1501

If not this:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/deleting-the-itunes-album-artwork-cache-folder-may-reso lve-problems-with-album-art-displaying/

then

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

My ipod touch 5th Generation doesn't pair the right album cover with the right artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.