Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a white MacBook have the software updated?

I have seen that some of the Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 may have the software updated to Snow Leopard and then Yosemite. The problem I have is that I am unsure if my white MacBook is from 2007 may have its software updated at all. My iPhone 6 will no longer sync, use iTunes, iPhoto, etc. with my laptop and it is beyond frustrating. Please help as I am completely unaware of what I should do because I do not want to get rid of my MacBook. (It's just like new!) Below I have added the Hardware Overview in case that is helpful in any way.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.31f1

Serial Number (system): W8838CHB5HS

Hardware UUID: 11D90721-1782-5F8D-83F2-8B9C32992FD6

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:39 AM

12 replies

Nov 29, 2015 11:03 AM in response to macjack

So if I upgraded to Snow Leopard, would my music, pictures, etc. all stay on my MacBook? Also, if I would transfer all videos and pictures to my external hard drive, would that free up some more RAM to where I could upgrade the MacBook even more? I just saw an individual told that they could upgrade a mid 2007 MacBook to Yosemite and have absolutely no idea if I could and how. I know I am asking for alot but am not wise when it comes to my MacBook.

Nov 29, 2015 11:09 AM in response to wwwdotdeveloper

Oh ok. So would I be able to simply purchase Lion and upgrade my MacBook? Also, would all of my music, videos, pictures, etc. still be on my MacBook or would it all be wiped out? I saw that someone was able to upgrade a MacBook like mine to Yosemite somewhere on this site. Would that be something I could also do so my iPhone would work with my MacBook once again?

Can a white MacBook have the software updated?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.