Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine back up drive(s)!

My Toshiba back up drives are flickering on and off in bus and in direct connection to iMac.

I have already suffered the murder of an iOmega and WD drive at the hands of Apple updates. Toshiba is a recommended, as in Apple, back up drive.

I have 1 T and 500 Gb maximum space. I use the 500Gb for iMac back up and the 1T for music, writings, publications, photograph storage.

Have the post Steve Jobs powers that be begun a sabotage effort to destroy all back ups and the drives? They are 2 years old. Do not say that they are antique and have started a self destruct cycle. Apple ruined, destroyed, burned and buried 1.5 T in the past with the updates that cause harm; many files are gone forever, even though I have backup on the Mac, and 2 separate back drives because I subjected, as were man, to Apple induced paranoia over valuable files.

Thank you for any and all positive solutions, not buying new back up drives, but solutions for present hardware.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Toshiba 500gb and Toshiba 1T drives

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:20 AM

1 reply

Time Machine back up drive(s)!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.