Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I make mailing labels with numbers

I need to use an Avery Template in order to create address labels. I see that one can use numbers. Can some help me with where to start. Thank you

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:59 AM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2015 11:43 AM in response to MNavarrete001

There are other methods but I downloaded and installed the Mac version of Avery software: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Software/Avery-Design--P rint.htm

It will import (they use the term Mail Merge) from files in Excel or CSV formats. You can create a file in either of those formats from Numbers using the Numbers File menu Export to command.

Nov 29, 2015 3:33 PM in response to MNavarrete001

Hi,

I use a Numbers '09 document I created to print names on an 80 label/page Avery sheet. It consists of two sheets containing three tables.

Sheet 1 is used for data entry. The list of names is pasted into "List," the single column table on the left. Because I need to print a few of these labels at a time, I added a second table, "Skip," to record how many labels had already been used on the current label sheet. (see note below)

User uploaded file

Sheet 2 contains the table used to print the labels. As can be seen in the example, the first name on the list is in the last cell (on the fourth row) of the page.

The 4 column by 20 row table's style is "Plain," containing 0 header rows and 0 header columns. Cell grid is set to None.

The formula below is entered in cell A1, then filled right to D1 and down to the last row of the table (20).

A1: =IF((4*(ROW()-1)+COLUMN())>Skip :: $A$2,OFFSET(List :: $A$1,1+4*(ROW()-1)+MOD(COLUMN()+3,4)-Skip :: $A$2,0),"")

The first part of the IF statement checks that the current cell is beyond the already used count in Skip::A2.

IF it is, then the second part (OFFSET…) inserts the name for the label at that position.

IF it is not, the third part ( "" ) inserts a null string into the space for which there is no label.

No check is made to see if the last name on the list has been printed. OFFSET will return a zero for an empty cell, so the 'extra cells in "List" cannot be left empty without wasting a label on each of them. My quick and easy solution for that is to clear the cells by typing a space in the first (A2) cell of "List", then fill that cell down to the bottom of the list.

Revising the document to use with address labels is mostly a matter of resizing the cells of the 'to print' table and revising the formula to fill only two cells per row (change "4" to "2" in the formula above—change all three occurrences).

That said, I suspect you'll find FoxFifth's suggestion to use the Avery template for your label size an easier way to go.

If you'd like a copy of my Card Labels file, email me direct. You'll find my address in my profile.

Regards,

Barry

NOTE: While running label sheets is not a recommended practice, I've had no difficulties with it using an ink jet printer with a relatively straight through paper path. I would avoid using the paper drawer if you have a manual feed slot, and would hesitate before trying it with a laser printer.

B

how can I make mailing labels with numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.