Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I autofill personal information for a row in a numbers attendance sheet?

So created a document for attendance in numbers. There is a new sheet on the bottom for every month. The columns are: Group, Name, Email, Youth or Adult. I was wondering if I could make it possible that when I enter in the group number the names of the people in the group form past attendance sheets would pop up as autofill options, similar to when typing in a cell the common text cells pop up as autofill options. However I would like to make it so the whole row of information autofills. Does anyone have any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:22 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Symonim

Hi Sy,

Autofill as you describe it works with only the information entered in cells directly above the target cell and in the same table.

To access information from a separate table in the same document, you could use a formula including one of the Lookup functions, or a combination of MATCH and INDEX, or MATCH and OFFSET.

A script solution is likely also possible, and could be designed to present the names of the previous attendees one at a time, letting you make a yes/no decision regarding adding each (and that one's other information) to the current list. With a script, it would be possible to place the "master list" is a separate document.

What will you do with the 'new attendance sheet?' Will you print it and record attendance on the sheet of paper, or do you want to record attendance directly on the table in the document? Formulas provide a 'live' connection to the source table, so if you are going to use the table on the 'new attendance sheet' for more than one group, you will need to print the sheet for each group.

Tables filled using a script act in the same manner as those filled using the keyboard—the script enters data into the cells, and unless you make changes, that data remains the same, giving you a stable table on which to record attendance on the computer itself.

More detail in your question and planned use will help in finding a solution.

Regards,

Barry

How do I autofill personal information for a row in a numbers attendance sheet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.