Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems to download PDF using Zscaler in iPad

Hi,

my problem is that my students can't download the PDFs I upload like a material to put it in an assigment. When they click the option to download the PDF the circle that appears remains in the last part, and the students can't access to the assigment to resolve it. My school uses Zscaler and MDM. We think the problem is the Zscaler, but have anybody an idea or solution?

Thanks,

Iñaki

in spanish...

Hola,

tenemos ros un serio problema utilizando iTunes U, porque los alumnos no pueden descargarse los PDFs y hacer las tareas. Cuando hacen clic en la tarea para descargarse el PDF, el círculo empieza a mostrar la descarga pero se queda parado al final, sin finalizar la descarga.

Utilizamos Zscaler y MDM para filtrar y gestionar todos los iPads de los alumnos. Es un problema grave que no nos deja sacarle el máximo partido a iTunes U y, lo peor de todo, los alumnos no pueden acceder al material y ejercicios que les ponemos.

¿Alguien tiene idea de cómo resolverlo, por favor?

Gracias

Iñaki

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:12 AM

Based on information posted in other threads, your Zscaler admin should whitelist *.apple.com and *.icloud.com. If that doesn't work, I recommend you contact AppleCare for Apple's whitelist recommendations.

4 replies

Dec 9, 2015 4:55 AM in response to patixa

HelloPatixa,

The reason I wanted to know the location where the files from the teachers are stored in iTunes was because I heard that iTunes used one spacein iTunes store.

We have asked to put in the whitelist apple.com and icloud.com, just how you’ve told us.

My school is in Barcelona (Spain) and we give the order to our headquarters of Madrid, which also sends to the headquarters of Mexico. This could take some days.

The problem, just how I commented you, is that the students cannot download the files. The download begins, but it stops at the end.

But it is curious that it is not a consistent error, sometimes happens and sometimes not, both at home and at school.

It can be that some students are able to download the files and some of them are not and vice versa.

Thank you very much for your help and attention.

Iñaki

Problems to download PDF using Zscaler in iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.