Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with fonts on Yosemite

Hi, my MacBook Air set up (Yosemite + office 2016) but there are issues with fonts. Some of my existing PowerPoint in Office 2011 for MAC contain fonts that don't render properly in Yosemite with O365 2016. Most notably something called "45 Helvetica Light", which is pretty prominent, ends up displayed as a serif font and looks jarringly bad. When I tried to open the same ppt in Keynote, Keynote surfaced error messages saying that "The font 45 Helvetica Light isn't available on OS X. It was replaced with Helvetica". Something similar for a couple of other fonts. Better behavior than PPT, but indicates that something is missing. None of these issues are there under my current install of Mavericks + Office 2011. Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:31 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 3:29 PM in response to MindKido

Please back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

Start up in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Restart as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If you still have problems, then from the Font Book menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

Issue with fonts on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.